Usando questo sito si accetta l'utilizzo dei cookie anche di terze parti. Per maggiori informazioni vi invitiamo a leggere l'informativa

La Maddalena srl estate agency

Natural bridge between Sardinia and Corsica, the islands have been populated since the Neolithic period

The Romans called them the Insulae Cuniculariae and the Genoese the Caruggi islands. Both names refer to the medieval reference of the islands of Budelli and the narrow straits of sea which separated them


Natural bridge between Sardinia and Corsica, the islands have been populated since the Neolithic period. The Romans called them the Insulae Cuniculariae and the Genoese the Caruggi islands. Both names refer to the medieval reference of the islands of Budelli and the narrow straits of sea which separated them. In modern times the first inhabitants came from the nearby Corsica. A select group of pastors who started to move onto several of the islands from the beginning of the 17th century. Groups of coral fishermen coming mainly from the island of Ponza and Pozzuoli seasonally joined these first inhabitants of Corsican – Genoese origins. In 1767 the Sardinian-Piedmontese reign decided to occupy the islands militarily not long before France took over in Genoa and gained control of Corsica. A rough contention for the possession of the islands was generated between the Savoy and France, following the military occupation on behalf of the Savoy. This culminated in the clashes of 1793 in which the young Napoleon Bonaparte took part. The strenuous defence on behalf of the inhabitants of La Maddalena, meanwhile allied with the Piedmontesi, contributed to the expulsion of Napoleon from the islands. Over the successive years Negli La Maddalena became the maritime base of naval direction and experienced an exceptional moment of growth until 1815 when the base was transferred to Genoa.


At the end of the 1800s, the Italian state decided to make a modern military stronghold in the archipelago, which was the site of bloody clashes both on land and at sea during the Second World War. Due to the impressive building work of the large fortifications, the population grew to over 16000 around the middle of the 20th century. This contributed to the makeup of a varied Maddaleninan society which hosted a wealthy array of stonemasons coming from various regions of Italy. They worked in the granite quarries on the island of Santo Stefano and in La Maddalena during the 19th and 20th centuries. A series of structures and public services came about at the time of the formation of the military stronghold, alongside the demographic and economic growth. These have characterised La Maddalena until our current times, giving it the name of ‘Piccola Parigi’ or ‘Little Paris’. As well as Napoleon, among the historical personalities who spent time on the islands are Horatio Nelson who chose the archipelago for his naval base in order to control the French fleet in the Mediterranean before the battle of Trafalgar, Giuseppe Garibaldi who lived his last years of his troubled life on the island of Caprera and Benito Mussolini who spent a month in prison in a beautiful villa in La Maddalena before being transferred to the Gran Sasso. The national Park of the archipelago of La Maddalena was set up by law of state in 1994.

Denominazione: Immobiliare La Maddalena srl
Iscritta al Registro delle Imprese di Sassari Codice Fiscale e Numero di Iscrizione: 02108100906
Iscritta al REA n° 149033
P. IVA: 02108100906
Sede Sociale: Piazza Barone des Geneys 12 - 07024 - La Maddalena

                                                                                                                                               powered by Franco Rea Lavorazioni Multimediala